“Where there is no vision, the people perish, but he that keepth the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18 KJV
There is an archery saying that goes like this, if you aim at nothing you will hit it every time. Visions are about knowing the direction that we believe Yahweh has given us to go in. We are saying Yahweh put in our hearts to be about His business, and this is the business we are to be about. Also we are saying we believe that this is what we believe Yahweh says we ought to look like.
Visions keep us headed in the right direction, doing the right things to accomplish what Yahweh wants us to accomplish. We will set ministries by our vision, and we will get involved in those things that will lead us to the completion of the vision Yahweh has given us. We will also be able to measure if we are to be involved in something based on our vision and mission statement. Having said this, here is the vision we believe Yahweh has given us.
- We have a vision of a place where all people are welcome. A place where the hurting, the depressed, the frustrated, and the confused can find love, acceptance, help, hope, forgiveness, guidance and encouragement.
- It is a vision of actively sharing the good news of Yashua the Messiah with the thousands of residents in the Salem/Keizer area.
- It is a vision of reaching the community around our church with outreach events that will draw people, but at the same time will allow us to share the love of Yashua the Messiah to all who attend.
- It is a vision of developing people to spiritual maturity through Bible Study, small groups, seminars, retreats and fellowship.
- It is a vision of equipping every believer for significant ministry by helping them discover the gifts and talents that Yahweh has given them, and drawing them into ministry opportunities.
- It is a vision of sending out men and women, adults, youth and children, from our own church family to be missionaries and to do missions work in the community and around the world.
- It is a vision of at least twenty acres of land, on which will be built a regional church for Salem/Keizer and surrounding area- with facilities that include a worship center, a counseling and prayer center, classrooms for Bible studies and training for lay ministers, and a recreation area. All this will be designed to minister to the total person- spiritually, emotionally, physically and socially.
- It is a vision of a facility that would be functional all week and allow for growth. It will be a place where Yahweh can be worshipped, believers can be trained and lives changed with sharing of the good news of Yashua the Messiah. A beacon that will draw people to the Messiah and be seen as a positive influence on the community.
- It is a vision of a praying church where prayer teams are praying 24 hours a day, and prayer teams are praying during worship services for the leaders of the service and for those in service.
- It is a vision of a giving church. A church that not only gives its tithes and offerings but time and energy.
- It is a vision of a fellowshipping church where we realize the connectedness of all of the believers and have fun together as the family of Yahweh.