1. There are many aspects as to what the Holy Spirit does it will be fun to look at
All of them.
2. Last week we took a look at the His Holy Spirit being or having to do with
Creation and restoration, and also His ability to bring life again to those that are
3. Now, when we talk about creation we can put salvation in the idea of creation,
Turn with me in your Bibles to 2 Corinthians 5:16-17, in these two verse Paul
Speaks of not looking at anyone according to flesh, or a worldly perspective.
4. Paul goes on to say that if a person is in Messiah, then he is a “NEW” creature
That old things have passed away and the new has come, this word for new
Is new, it is not refreshed it is new, something completely different. Look at
John 1:3, we are able to see that all things were made by Him.
5. Once again in Revelation 3:14, He is the originator of all of creation. Look also
At Romans 8:18-26, this is about the new creation that is yet to come. Look at
Isaiah 43:19, says that He is going to do a “new” thing in the Hebrew this word
New is not restored it is new and fresh. Look at Isaiah 65:17, the heavens and
Earth are going to be new, Revelation 21:1 he saw a new heavens and earth
Notice it had to be new because the first heaven and earth passed away.
6. This is all about our salvation, and that is what I really want to talk about today,
I want to look at what the Holy Spirit’s role is in our salvation, we can see this
In Isaiah 61:1-2, as Yahshua proclaim that the Spirit of Yahweh is on Him and
He has been sent to proclaim or preach good tidings.
7. If you will notice, it is the Holy Spirit who is the dynamic in Salvation, He is
The one who fills us, and anoints us to preach the good news to the world, look
At Isaiah 6:1-8 as we look at how Isaiah was both called and sent to proclaim
To the people.
8. But there is more to our salvation than us just making a profusion of faith, and
Putting our faith in Yahshua as our savior and repenting, there is more to this
Whole idea that takes us through this life time as we walk through this world.
And I think we need to know and understand so we may be able to co-operate
Paul is teaching that it is Elohim who strengthens not only himself but the
Congregation in Corinth together with them in Messiah, and has anointed them.
Elohim has given His Holy Spirit as a seal and a down payment in their hearts.
10. So, as we look at this there are two things we need to discuss, the first is this
Idea of a seal, and the Holy Spirit as a seal. There a couple of Hebrew words
That actually mean to different things.
11. The first is found in 1 Kings 21:8, in this verse we know that Ahab wanted a
Vineyard that belonged to Naboth and Ahab asked him for it, but Naboth
Refused saying that he would never give Ahab anything that belonged to
Naboth’s father, cool meaning there. But anyway, to get the land Jezebel
Wrote Letters in King Ahab’s name and sealed those letters with King Ahab’s
Signet ring showing that they came from Ahab and because the wax was
Unbroken they were not messed with.
12. So we can look at this and apply this to our lives and His work in our lives,
That at the time of our salvation, He gives us His Holy Spirit that seals our
Lives and puts His mark on us, so we are recognized by His seal that is
Unbroken in our lives.
13. Look at Jeremiah 31:31-33, He is writing His laws in our hearts and we will be
His people because He is writing His letters in our hearts and He is sealing the
Letters He has written in our hearts. His mark is on us. Also look at Ezekiel
36:25-27 it is about the same things and shows His Spirit is within us.
14. Let’s look at 2 Corinthians 5:1-5, Paul is speaking in terms of a down payment
In these verses, and he is Talking about the idea that the Holy Spirit that is
Given is also a down payment or first installment, and is talking in terms of
Buying a piece of property. In the since Paul talks here in terms of a future
Promise. This life we live as believers has a future beyond this life with an
Inheritance and the Holy Spirit that is given is a seal of that.
15. So, instead of down payment I used the word seal again. The reason is that in
Hebrew there is a different word that is being used, and they are related and is
Translated to seal up. We fin this in Daniel 12:4, which we fine that Yahweh is
Telling Daniel to seal up the Book that had been given to Daniel until the end
Times and that is what Paul is referring to here in 2 Corinthians 5:5, also that
We belong to Him.
16. Look at Ephesians 1:13-14, here it is again, you were sealed with the promised
Holy Spirit when you heard the truth and received the gospel of your salvation
See the promise of His Spirit being placed in us, and in our hearts, and we see
Turn to Jeremiah 31:31, it is a new covenant and the Hebrew word for new
Here is new and has to do with sacrifice and His Spirit.
17. Look at Hebrews 10:1-18, this is about the sacrifice because the first covenant
Involved the blood of bulls which it says was not able to take away our sins, so
We need a better sacrifice, which was the body and the blood of Messiah that
Gave us a better covenant, and He was able to put His Spirit within us.
18. The former things is explained, Hebrews 8:1-5, as you see the first served as a
Shadow picture of the true heavenly temple in the heavens that is not made
With human hands, but set up by Yahweh Himself.
19. Back to Ephesians 1:12-14, The Holy Spirit is the down payment for our
Inheritance until the redemption of the possession, to be praised of His glory.
Scripture actually speaks to 3 aspects of salvation.
20. The first is, we were saved, and one point in time you came to faith in
Yahshua. Repenting of our sins, and putting your faith in Yahshua as the
Only way to the Father, and putting our faith in His finished work at the
21. We are at this time, after salvation are being saved through the trails and
And tribulations of this life as we walk out this life in Him. This is the time as
Walk out our faith and He is building our faith in Him.
22. But will also be saved when He returns for us and we will become like Him
For we will see Him as He really is. What a glorious day that will be and all
Of creation is groaning waiting for the sons of Elohim to be revealed at His
23. So, as we have seen the Holy Spirit is a seal to us, both in marking to be His,
But also sealing us up for the day we leave this tent, or the day of His return
For His bride.
24. Certainly, this should one more reason to lift up our voices in praise to Him
How perfectly He takes of us.