SABBATH WORSHIP SERVICE
April 13, 2013“We love because He first loved us” John 4:19 9:45AM Torah Teacher: Steve Bothum Torah Reader: Cliff Mosher Torah Portion This Week: Lev. 12:1-15:33 Next Week: Lev. 16:1-20:27 11:00 AM Welcome, Announcements and Prayer Tabitha Wellard Pastor Rick Chesher Worship Music Message Pastor Rick Chesher John 1:6-9 Bomb Shelter “Tour of Duty” The intent of this email is to introduce myself and to let you know that our Cornerstone congregation is ready to schedule and commit to a “Tour of Duty” team. We have raised $12,000 toward the $20,000 needed and have commitments from 6 individuals of the 15 needed. Our fundraising efforts are underway; our organizational team is in place. The team consists of: Overall headship: Pastor Rick
- Will oversee the “plan” & make appropriate announcements to the congregation
- Will coordinate with you re dates, costs, transportation, documents, insurance, travel extensions, handouts to congregation, etc.
- Will collect, bank & send you the $20,000
- Will coordinate fundraising activities and hand off proceeds to Kathy/Finance
- We are excited about our progress and are anxious to “tie” down the details. If it works for you I’d like a one-on-one to talk through things, e.g., a firm date (can we influence the “when”); who books the flights, what extensions are possible, what is the individual cost & what is included, trip insurance advice, when you need the $20K, who books flights, gets the money, etc. I know you know “all” the answers so the sooner I can get this information out to our congregation the sooner we will have our Team in place
I am currently residing in Burbank so could come to you. If this is not possible we can communicate by phone. My tel. no. is 818-846-0676. I look forward to our meeting and to finalize our trip.
Tour of Duty Team
Cornerstone Baptist Church
Purpose of Trip:
To offer assistance with plastering and painting a bomb shelter in Nahariyah, Israel; loving the Israelis in the building and the town in which we are in for the duration of the project; enjoy a Shabbat dinner with residents of building; enjoy some sightseeing
Team Members Needed: 15 (no skill or age limit required). Note: there’s a church in Texas also trying to put a team together. If we don’t reach our target number we may be able to combine the two groups.
Project Funds Needed: $20,000
Cost To Each Team Member: $3,500 (food, lodging, air and in-country transportation)
Duration of Trip: 12 days
Project Dates: Saturday, October 5, 2013 to Saturday, October 12, 2013
Sunday, October 13, 2013 travel to a B&B, Sea of Galilee; visit Golan Heights
Monday, October 14, 2013 travel through the Jordan Valley to the Dead Sea, Masada & Ein Gedi (an oasis where King David hid from Saul); spend the night in Ein Gedi
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 travel to Jerusalem; spend two nights near the Old City
Thursday, October 17, 2013 board a late evening/midnight flight for return to the U.S.
FYI – I am told we will book our own flights although Rony has indicated he will assist in finding the best fares. I will start immediately, however, to identify what tickets are going for so we don’t miss saving money. A meeting of team members will reveal who would like to extend their trip and what sights individuals want to see. If there is agreement in the group perhaps we can arrange something collectively. If not, members may have to take their own action. This could get complicated and we may have to select a travel agent we can use to assist individuals.
Obviously, there are some unanswered questions at this time. If you have some, please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. I will record them and attempt to get the answers you need.
Blessings to all …